[TR] Start up

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Oct 27 20:06:17 MDT 2019

So my TR3 has been abruptly starting up with no choke.  But after driving, I'd had to push throttle completely down  to get it to restart, like after spending a few minutes shopping for replacement workboots or food.
I figgered, hmmm...., easy start up in the cold with no choke, it must be running a bit rich already.  Checked the carbs and found the forward carb would tend to increase a bit when I lifted the piston a bit.  Adjusted the nut (upwards) to lean it out until that didn't seem an issue.  Ran the engine.  Shut it off.  Waited.  Re-started without the throttle easily.
'Scuse me.  THAT seems too freakin' easy!  Could it be????

Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A
New Hampshire, where I have maybe 4 more weeks of driving (albeit with winter coat).