[TR] Subject: Re: Pain job for 1972 TR6

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 14 13:42:02 MDT 2019

It's hard to get colors on a computer screen to look like the color on a
car.  To my eyes, the scanned paint chip I have for Cotswold Blue looks a
very credible "dark blue"; while the web page that Jonmac linked to seems to
not actually have a color chip for it and perhaps is just showing a dark
gray color by default.

Eg,
http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/triumph/213026-1961-triumph-tr3arestored-co
tswold-blue-excellent-condition.html
(note how the shade of blue appears to change slightly even between photos
of the same car)

I also feel that the chip shown on that site for "Renoir Blue" is wrong.
Although certainly not what I'd call a "dark" blue, it's very definitely
blue. Eg,
http://classiccars.brightwells.com/viewdetails.php?id=4754

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild