[TR] TR3 gearbox and starter motor

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 20:15:34 MDT 2019

longish story that dont need to be told here.but.buddy chipped a tooth on first gear in TS16810 L.we amigos had 2 trans sitting doing nothing since converting to W58's.both working when parked. so we are just going to throw in a trans from a post 60,000 car.going to put new oil seals in front and back.i know the starters changed at some point.the center to center dimensions of the holes in the bell housing to shaft are all equal.we are not changing flywheels or the high torque starter.before i bolt this back in, do you foresee any problems?
do i recall the pin that holds the throw out bearing fork to the shaft went into a hole in the early cars but just snugged up to a flat on the later cars? thanksFrank