[TR] TR3A Nut behind the wheel

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed May 1 08:56:06 MDT 2019

I believe you're supposed to peen the nut lightly, to help lock it to the
threads.  This is mentioned in the TR4 manual.
Or a couple drops of purple Loctite should do nicely.

But I've never done either; perhaps because I tighten mine with a socket and
big ratchet.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild