[TR] Swapping ignition lock barrel to new switch

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Mar 28 10:22:32 MDT 2019

I have no direct experience with a 4A, but the SPC makes it appear similar
to the earlier cars.

If so, then there is a roughly 1/8" hole in the body of the switch.  You
insert the key, turn the lock to the "Run" position, then insert a punch or
whatever into that hole.  There is a spring-loaded pin inside.  Once the pin
is depressed, pull the key straight out from the lock and the cylinder
should come with it.

To reassemble, just line the cylinder up with the switch (doesn't have to be
in "Run") and push.  The pin should snap back into the hole.

-- Randall