[TR] TR 6 ID number

scott s. 75270.3703 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 25 13:44:12 MDT 2019

On 3/25/2019 01:39, DAVID MASSEY wrote:
> That's easy to do, Joe, since the VTR always divides the TR6's based on
> the bumper over-riders and not an all the significant changes made for
> the 1973 model year.  It is easy to conclude that 1974 was the
> change-over year.

I'm the second owner of 73 model CF1265U which I bought in 76.  IIRC 74
brought additional emission controls and a new head design that changes
a lot of engine parts.  I think the big thing for 73 was the seat belt /
ignition interlock which had been disabled before I bought the car.  I
think also 73 was when the Union Jack decals appeared?  Maybe also the
small BL badges.

scott s.
.