[TR] Sebring 12h weekend -- a look back at 1966

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 09:57:48 MDT 2019

On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 3:35 PM dave <dave at ranteer.com> wrote:

> In 1972 my older brother knew someone who knew someone . . .

I had a friend who worked for the newspaper in our Florida town.
Sometime around 1976 or 1977  he got us passes to both Daytona and
Sebring.  The passes seemed to be good enough to let us go wherever we
wanted.....I managed to be standing at the wall between pit road and
the track at one point late in the race.  I discovered that fast race
cars leave a vacuum in their wake that felt like it could suck you
right over the wall.

I don't remember any Triumphs that year,  but apparently there was at
least one MGB GT.