[TR] Driving from Maryland to Texas for the VTR Nationals

Patrick Baize pbaize at satx.rr.com
Sat Jun 29 08:57:01 MDT 2019

You picked the perfect route, driven it many times from Seguin TX to
Camden DE  and back.  A bit hilly, but great scenery. You definitely do
not want to do I95 to I10, although its flat all the way. Its very busy
and I 10 is not in that good of shape, especially in Louisiana . Spend a
night in Nashville or Knoxville, great restaurants.

Patrick

71 Stag

74 Spitfire

  On 6/29/2019 9:35 AM, Gary Klein wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I’m considering a drive from central MD to Dripping Springs TX in
> October, and would like to form a caravan of any interested owners
> going to the nationals.  I’m thinking safety in numbers and whether
> you’re driving or trailering your car, perhaps we can meet up and head
> down together.
>
> I’m thinking of leaving central MD, heading west to I-81 South, then
> driving towards Knoxville, TN and picking up I-40. Then I’d follow
> I-40 past Nashville, past Memphis, to Little Rock, AK, where I’ll pick
> up I-30.  Lastly, follow I-30 to Dallas then I-35 south to Austin then
> on to Dripping Springs.  According to Google, for me, it’s about 1,600
> miles one way.
>
> I’m in the planning stages.  Any comments wrt the route, road
> conditions, things not to miss and things to avoid are welcome.  If
> interested, contact me off list as I’m on the Digest.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gary Klein
>
> Severn, MD
>
> tr6.guy at verizon.net <mailto:tr6.guy at verizon.net>