[TR] Driving from Maryland to Texas for the VTR Nationals

Gary Klein tr6.guy at verizon.net
Sat Jun 29 08:35:44 MDT 2019

Everyone,

I'm considering a drive from central MD to Dripping Springs TX in October,
and would like to form a caravan of any interested owners going to the
nationals.  I'm thinking safety in numbers and whether you're driving or
trailering your car, perhaps we can meet up and head down together.

I'm thinking of leaving central MD, heading west to I-81 South, then driving
towards Knoxville, TN and picking up I-40.  Then I'd follow I-40 past
Nashville, past Memphis, to Little Rock, AK, where I'll pick up I-30.
Lastly, follow I-30 to Dallas then I-35 south to Austin then on to Dripping
Springs.  According to Google, for me, it's about 1,600 miles one way.

I'm in the planning stages.  Any comments wrt the route, road conditions,
things not to miss and things to avoid are welcome.  If interested, contact
me off list as I'm on the Digest.

Cheers,

Gary Klein

Severn, MD