[TR] What is the knock?

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Sun Jun 23 17:20:05 MDT 2019

Ok here is the update 😊  Check the valves and they were out of spec.  they were .005, now reset to 0.010

https://youtu.be/I72CPihz4KQ

https://youtu.be/usZAzBiXejc

so this is not much different from before but as you can hear, there is no noise.  As you can see good pressure as she comes up to temp.

I think I need to do another run but it seems I have oil leaks to address.  And too thin of gearbox oil ( yes Angelo 😊 ) and leaving her mark not in one spot but the entire pattern of the frame on the floor…. And the underneath

But on startup I did notice what looked like exhaust coming out of the block side vent pipe????  That cant be normal??

It looks like the timing chain cover seal is leaking ☹  I am idiot for not changing that out when I had the front off a couple of months ago.  But need to track more leaks.  I am wondering to drop the pan, check the the contents etc and make a new seal at the very least.