[TR] Indoor to Outdoor exhaust

Carl-TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Wed Jun 5 10:39:47 MDT 2019

Summer is upon us here in sunny Florida and the '3 is going into its annual hibernation.  (we have had 20 straight days of 90+ temps.  hardly any rain to cool us off)

Has anyone set up an exhaust extension system so that you can work on the car in the garage?

My thoughts are to install a port in the wall that a flexible hose will be attached to on the inside and a standing pipe outside.

a) what kind of flex 'pipe' is available for this purpose?  I have seen short pieces of exhaust flex pipe but not sure that would work for longer lengths.
b) should the pipe diameter be larger than the exhaust pipe so that it doesn't create additional pressure on the system?  How much larger? That would require a reducer of some sort at the connection to the exhaust pipe.
c) do I need to be concerned about the total length of the extension?  I think 10-12ft inside will be sufficient and would like a minimum of 8ft vertical height outside.

your thoughts/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Carl
1960 TR3A - TS81802LO
Tampa, FL

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​