[TR] TR-3/4 oil pump / distributor drive shaft?

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue Jul 30 11:58:42 MDT 2019

I just got off the phone with an engine builder who discovered that the
new oil pump drive shaft he installed (the one that goes through the
gear engaging the cam) is manufactured incorrectly - the tang that goes
into the oil pump is 0.010" off center and binds with the pump.

Anyone have a spare OEM shaft sitting on the shelf that they'd be
willing to part with?  If so I'll get you guys in touch with each other.

He's trying to meet a deadline to get the engine to a dyno and then to
installation in the car.

Also, if you're buying a new one of these, check the oil pump tang for
proper centering!

Thanks in advance, Tony Drews