[TR] Spal Fan Installation

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Jul 20 10:08:18 MDT 2019

I'm still researching this but thought I'd ask anyway.  I've a Spal pusher fan with a thermostat from years ago I never installed.  Deciding to install it because the 3 is running fine at thermostat temp on the road, but shortly after I shut down in this heat it barely starts again and runs rough until the float bowls clear. Letting the fan run after shut down ought to help keep the float bowls from overheating.

Awhile ago I installed SunPro electric temp guage and sending unit.  So question.  Can you use the same temp gauge sending unit as the temp sensor for the fan also?  The temp gauge sensor uses some sort of resistance affected by heat, I suppose, but whether the fan reads it the same as the gauge is puzzling.

Thanks, everyone (again!)

Terry Smith  '59 TR3A

New Hampshire