[TR] Sleepless in Ocala Update

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 12 09:29:40 MDT 2019

Jim,

I ditched the mechanical fuel pumps when I restored my 63 4. The 4 was
the first to get a Facet pump with regulator. The pump is mounted to the
outside rear of the trunk with filter. The pump was replaced with a
metal block off and I mounted a pressure regulator + gauge. The assembly
is about 20 years old and pump works fine. A few years later I did the
same thing with my 58 TR3.

When I did my 72 6, same thing. Facet + regulator from Jegs.

All three setups have never failed me. There are other pumps available
that are just as reliable and a bit quieter. But once the cars start I
cant hear the pump.

Sounds to me that the lobe on the cam is worn.

Bob