[TR] Car Talk

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 8 15:50:31 MDT 2019

We’ve tried that in the past; used to be stations across the country would have “full service” pumps and “self service” pumps with perhaps only 5 to 10 cents difference in price.

Some quick assumptions show an average cost (to the owner) of roughly $.10 or $.15/gallon (assuming an attendant pumps all gas sold, etc), so it probably wasn’t a ripoff.

Never seemed worth the price, to me; I almost always used the self service pumps.  I’m guessing that’s what the station owners saw as well, since I haven’t seen a full service pump in a long time (outside of Oregon, where it’s required by law).

-Randall

Sent from Mail for Windows 10