[TR] TR6 will not start when hot

robert rudolphi robertrudolphi at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 06:50:54 MDT 2019

Hello all,
I am having trouble getting my TR6 to start when hot. It always fires right up when cold but after a drive it just cranks and cranks but will not start. I usually keep the throttle wide open when trying to start but lately that does not seem to make a difference. I usually have a strong smell of gas after cranking for a while. I have installed one of the carb heat shields but also no help. I assume it has to do with the carbs getting to hot above the exhaust manifolds, but I have spoken to others and they do not have this problem. This has been going on for years and would love any input to possible fixes.
Thank you,
Robert Rudolphi74 TR6