[TR] TR 250 (TR4) Cruise control

Carl-TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Thu Jan 31 15:09:20 MST 2019

In June, 1965 I drove 66 from Springfield, Illinois to LA.  In July, 1966 I drove "the southern route" (LA to ElPaso to SanAntonio to Texarkana) back to Spfld.  -- All in my 59 Tr3.

Between those two trips I also drove from LA to SF to Vancouver to Regina, Sask. through Montana, Idaho, Utah, LasVegas back to LA.  With side trips etc that totaled over 10,000 miles.

I found my notebook from the 4,629 mile Canadian trip a couple years ago.  Avg gas price $.347.  27.55 mpg (km & liter converted to miles/gal). Total cost not including food: gas/oil = 64.55. Lodging = 138.60 (12 nights).  Split cost & driving with a guy I worked with in LA from Warwickshire not far from Coventry.

Sure couldn't do that again 54 years later.  After the Army I made an east coast run of about 3000 miles.  Didn't make it across the south in that Tr3.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​