[TR] TR4 Starter question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 20:32:15 MST 2019

I haven't asked recently, but a few years back my independent FLAPS (Long
Beach, CA) assured me they could get any Lucas starter rebuilt.  They have
to have a complete core, and it takes a few days to a week.  IIRC the price
was very favorable, compared to a new one.

Apparently, the fellow that does them will not deal directly with the
public.  But when I asked for a special nut (for my Japanese alternator),
through the FLAPS of course, he gave it to me for nothing.

Also, someone posted just today on another forum that they got their old
starter repaired in Dallas TX.

Sorry, I've no idea about the hum.  But it's been my experience that it's
usually pretty obvious when you get it apart.

-- Randall