[TR] TR3 Timing question

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Thu Feb 28 18:59:50 MST 2019

Moving the distributor drive gear will change the orientation of the
distributor but won't change where the timing mark on the pulley is when
the spark fires and the engine is running right. It'll still look 40ish
degrees off.  The only thing that will fix that is messing with the
front pulley to get the timing mark for TDC to actually BE at TDC.  The
hub is keyed to the crank so the hub only has one position.  If the
pulley has bolts holding it together as at least one other lister
mentioned that's a likely source.

Like Randall says - if it runs good and doesn't ping or run on /
overheat, stop messing with it.

Regards, Tony