[TR] TR4 engine question

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Tue Feb 26 12:45:26 MST 2019

My TR3 will diesel now and then, and I've had the carbs rebuilt and the local British Car mechanic did the timing on it.  For mine it seems to do it when its running at full operating temp, where as when the oil and water temps are on the cooler side, it doesn't do it.

So like others, I'm usually in 1st gear when I'm coming to a stop, I use the clutch just a little bit when I turn off the engine to prevent it.

Rye