[TR] TR4 engine question

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 26 08:32:46 MST 2019

Jim, it might be that the throttle plates in one or both of the carbs is not
fully closing allowing too much fuel to enter the intake.  Try adjusting the
linkage to allow full closure of the throttle plates. Maybe allow it to idle
a bit longer too may help. My car does this as well as do a lot of TR's. As
Dave said you can also leave it in gear and let the clutch out while
shutting down.
JVV