[TR] TR3 Values Going Up?

dave dave at ranteer.com
Sun Feb 24 20:32:48 MST 2019

Allow me to add some real world experience.

Just last week we sold this car:  https://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr3a/

For $6500.  Engine ran nicely.  Other than that it was a total restoration project.  Had overdrive and a factory hardtop.  Was actually in pretty good shape overall.

Imho that was more than it was worth, except the very definition of what something is worth is “what someone is willing to pay for it”

Last year or so a British car mechanic friend of mine sold a TR3a, with overdrive, for $32,000.  It came from the factory Silverstone gray, and was stunning in every way.

3 years ago I sold this car:  https://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr3/

For $37,500.  I sold it to a guy who is a big North Carolina fan, and this car is the school color (it is also a fairly rare Triumph TR2/3 color, Salvador Blue).  It has overdrive, a Triumph factory radio, and pretty unique period rear corner guards.

The next year it won first in class at The Gathering, a North Carolina car show.

There are lots of people asking lots of prices for cars, everything from rust buckets to trailor queens.  Imho they are all over the place