[TR] Whitworth Wrenches on a TR3?

Jim Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 16:52:23 MDT 2019

First, being relatively new to the TR3 line, I am noticing some of the bolts
don't match up to my SAE wrenches.  I have had to use metric on occasion.
Haven't had this issue on the 4, 6 or 8.  Are these Whitworth sized bolts
and nuts which would mean I should invest in a set of those wrenches?  I
always like a new tool but want to check first.

Secondly, what steps do I need to do to get the steering wheel lined up to
be straight.  The car tracks nicely down the road in a straight line but the
steering wheel is at the 11 and 5pm clock positions left and right hands
respectively.  The shop manual says take off the front apron etc.  Ouch.
It's a 60 TR3A, is there an easier way to disconnect wheel like a TR6 to
align correctly.

Thanks,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala, FL