[TR] Rear View Mirrors

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:03:42 MDT 2019

This one, yes?
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1959-triumph-tr3a-18/

Not an uncommon mounting point, in period and especially now.  They're a
little cleaner than wing-mounted mirrors, but bring their own challenges.
Here's how I have an outside mirror clamped to my stanchion, after some
minor bending to this generic mirror.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-6z8LBFg/1/a39fd046/X4/i-6z8LBFg-X4.jpg

My configuration won't work with sidescreens (which I don't use) but there
are ways to bend the mount that will -- I know a guy in the UK who runs a
similar setup.  The BaT car probably wouldn't allow sidescreens to shut
either.

There are various options for mounting an arm to a stanchion-mounting Dzus
or screw, or to one of the screws along the sides of the stanchion.  Some
people have tapped and mounted a mirror directly into the stanchion, too.

Don
1962 TR3B