[TR] TR2 quick release seats

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Sep 29 08:04:39 MDT 2018

I've pretty much tried everything.  First I went with a carpet from one of the big three with a rubber heel guard.  It wore through quickly.  Then I bought the repro rubber mats.  It wore through fairly quickly.  Issue is, I drive mine daily and wore heavy leather dress shoes, likely culprits.  Anyway, I wound up tracing and making my own carpets from boat material including fabricating a heavy heel pad on top, then gluing the whole thing to a rubber substrate.  The carpet and rubber come out easily as a unit because I didn't run them under the seats.

I won't win any originality points, but it did turn out looking pretty nice.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667

New Hampshire