[TR] New but cheap 20 W 50 Motor oil

Kinderlehrer kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Fri Sep 21 10:28:24 MDT 2018

That’s what I did when I rebuilt the engine on my ’56 pickup. On the advice of the old time auto parts guy, I added a bottle of ZDDP, it seemed a bit strange when I poured it in as it was kinda gloppy, but what did I know. I didn’t have more than 100 miles on that engine before it seized. The rod bearings were practically non-existent due to oil starvation.  I have no real proof that it was the ZDDP, but I would never use it again, as an additive that is. I do use Valvoline racing oil in all my flat tappet engines. Just one data point for what it’s worth.

Bob