[TR] Sufficient air filter space?

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Fri Sep 14 10:03:09 MDT 2018

K&N filter that is 1 3/4 inch think clear the inner fender on my TR3A.
Rye
Rye
PH: 530-FIND-RYE

On Sep 14, 2018, at 04:50 AM, Randall <tr3driver at ca.rr.com> wrote:

Are the filter-mounting holes the same distance/dimension on
the HS6 and the H6 carbs?

Yes, at least for the TR4A version of HS6. (But some HS6 apparently use 3
filter mounting bolts.) I run HS6 paper element filters on my TR3 with H6
carbs.

However, they don't clear the inner fenders. Even after some massage with a
BFH, the bottom of the front filter is crushed from hitting the fender as
the engine moves around on it's mounts. I also had to re-route the fuel
lines.

My long-term plan is to make up some mounting plates to use TR6-style filter
elements. I found some nice chrome covers from Mr. Gasket that should look
nice. But that's a back-burner project (and at this point, I think my pilot
light has gone out).

-- Randall

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html