[TR] Electric Fans: Something Different

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Sep 12 09:53:28 MDT 2018

>  Is there a mathematical middle ground in terms of ounces that can be
removed to optimize all variables?

Not really.  As is usually the case with engineering, you have to strike a
balance between desirable but conflicting qualities.  The optimum balance
depends heavily on how much you value each quality.

All I can say is that, given the easy choice of remaining stock (already in
place), one of Joe's billet steel flywheels (already on the shelf, about 14
lbs IIRC), and the Fidanza alloy (about 9 lbs again IIRC,  hanging on the
back of another motor); I did not hesitate to move the Fidanza from the
wrecked 3A to my current TR3.  Even though I was in a hurry to get the car
back together for TRfest 2009.

YMMV

-- Randall