[TR] ZSounds like most forgot something about the DDP?

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Mon Sep 10 02:47:12 MDT 2018

I think it’s important to mention that while a lot of people on this list live in the US and Canada, there are more than just a few who live elsewhere – i.e. Europe and Australia/New Zealand. AFAIK, many lubricants in those countries differ in specification to those commonly available in North America. Additionally, it seems that those outside N.A. prefer to use ‘classic’ oils which are blended specifically for the classic car market and while they do include a number of lubricant ‘enhancers’ to improve oil performance. I refer particularly to 20/50 type mineral oils and these do not need ZDDP.

Jonmac