[TR] Starting a dry engine advice sought

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Sun Sep 9 12:58:23 MDT 2018

FYI - if a little zinc is good, a lot is NOT better. Things get too slippery and the tappets don’t rotate on the cam lobes. I learned this the hard way and the machine shop informed me of the error of too much zinc.

So either Valvoline, Brad Penn or Kendall that have ZDDP, or half a bottle of Red Line break-in oil per instructions, is the way to go.

Rye

Sent from my iPhone