[TR] Starting a dry engine advice sought

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 9 08:24:08 MDT 2018

>  Five or 10 years ago I didn't think there was much of an
> zinc ingredient in  Valvoline racing oil. Have things Change D?

There was a brief period where they reduced it slightly; but Valvoline
Racing has always had ZDDP in it.  It's not entirely clear to me that 900
PPM is worse than 1100 PPM as long as you change oil frequently; more just
lets you run the oil longer before it is depleted.  But the consumer
reaction was apparently enough to convince them to put it back up.

-- Randall