[TR] GT6/Spit shift lever overhaul

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 7 22:37:04 MDT 2018

Anyone have instructions on how to overhaul a sloppy shift lever in a
1973 GT6?  I believe it is the same transmission as a Spit or Herald.  I
have the overhaul kit Moss part 848-965/Triumph part 519770 with all the
bits, but some were missing from my shifter, so it isn't a matter of
just changing the old for the new.  It is a bit challenging trying to
figure out from an exploded parts diagram.

On a related note, for anyone with both this transmission and a TR6
transmission, should both shift the same in terms of how the shift lever
feels?  My GT6 always felt sloppy compared to my TR6 and I'm wondering
if it was just the missing parts.

Thanks,

Brian