[TR] Starting a dry engine advice sought

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Thu Sep 6 09:01:41 MDT 2018

I agree with Randall's comments.  The only potential minor change is my local British mechanic advised me to shoot WD40 in the cylinders as it will lube it, but is light enough that it will burn off quickly for bedding in the rings.  Lots of different opinions, bottom line put some sort of oil in there.

I've run both the Valvoline racing oil with ZDDP, and also bought Brad Penn 20-50 with ZDDP via Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TPB3ZY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For breaking in my engine I used Redline Break-In oil with zinc, but ONLY half the bottle per the directions.
https://www.amazon.com/Red-Line-Engine-Break-Oil/dp/B002INKQD8/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1536245855&sr=1-1&keywords=Redline+Break+In+Oil+Zinc+Additive+16oz

Good luck,

Rye
PH: 530-FIND-RYE