[TR] Wiper Motor Brush assembly

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 07:59:20 MDT 2018

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 8:13 PM Randall <tr3driver at ca.rr.com> wrote:

> Or buy some spring wire and make one from scratch. I've done it in the
> lathe, but you could probably manage with a slow turning drill and a nail
> or similar for a mandrel.

I have a local hardware store (remember them?) that has a couple of drawers
full of replacement springs.  Looks like the spring in question is used to
hold the brushes against the commutator enough so they don't bounce, but
not so much that they grind the brushes away.  A light touch... Finding an
appropriate spring (or something that will work) ought not to be much of a
problem.  Making the "ears" is a trivial exercise left to the reader.  ;)

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.