[TR] TR4A trailing arms

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 10:03:34 MDT 2018

The holes are not wonderful.  I am the one who did it.  Actually they ARE keenserts that I personally installed with the Patton kit.

At the time I did not realize that the original holes were not well aligned in the "lugs". So the TA and the stud circle are not co-axial. This resulted in 1 or maybe 2 of the drilled holes for the keenserts having a small break-through in the inner wall of the TA.

This was done 2 years ago, and probably 2000 miles ago with no obvious problem.

BUT it has been nagging me and I feel that it is less than 100% perfect and the opening can allow water ingress and set up corrosion causing long term problems.  I did apply JB weld to the perforation to try to seal it but that is not really a "repair". I would really HATE for the hub to separate from the TA!!!!

So I think it is better to proactively work to make the TAs right

-Tony

Sent from my 1837 Babbage Analytical Engine