[TR] TR3 steering box

DAVE HOGYE dlhogye at comcast.net
Sun Nov 25 08:46:20 MST 2018

If the TR3 has a one-piece steering shaft, changing to rack and pinion is even more involved.  You have to obtain two piece shaft parts as well.  If you look at the Moss kit, this is described in detail.  The standard box can be rebuilt and if done correctly, will provide excellent operation.  I'd say if the steering is in that bad a shape, getting all suspension and steering components renewed as well, will transform the car.  I use mostly standard components on my TR3A street/race car and rebuilt the steering box myself.  The worm gear was still in good condition.

Dave H.