[TR] stromberg CD carb metering needle removal

Frank Magnusson fmags at cox.net
Sat Nov 17 17:06:19 MST 2018

Thanks.  I actually found my old mixture adjusting wrench and that fit of course.
Pretty easy once I got into it.  The buckeye triumphs article is very good.  I still could not get the needle out after backing off the adjustment all the way and taking the setscrew out.  But, some pentrating oil, reassembling it and running the adjustment back and forth a few times finally loosened it up and I got it out.  Similar with tapping out the adjustment screw.  Would not budge.  Once it broke feee, it came out easily, but took a bit of persuasion at first.  I guess neither had been moved in 45 years... So 1 carb done and one to go.  Thanks for the help,
Frank

Sent from my iPad