[TR] Brake disks

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri Nov 9 21:23:52 MST 2018

IMO, At $30ea replace them, it will cost half that to get them turned and you still have a 60 year old rotor.
Bill

Sent from my Handspring Treo

On Nov 9, 2018, at 7:20 PM, TERRY SMITH <terryrs at comcast.net> wrote:

Hello, everyone.  Haven't been able to call my dependable machinist yet, where the only issue I've ever had was when I asked them to ream some lines for me.  Wound up with a cracked one that caused problems that you can imagine.

Question is, is it more cost--and long-term--effective to simply replace front rotors with new ones from one of the Big Three, or to ask they be skimmed  by a quality machinist.  I feel those "bumps" when I slow to a stop telling me that the rotors have high spots.  Am suspecting the original rotors being 60 years old are tired and ready to retire.

Thoughts?

Terry Smith '59 TR3A

New Hamsphire

** triumphs at autox.team.net **