Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon May 21 22:13:57 MDT 2018

Those numbers don't make any sense to me. I suspect that either something got lost in translation, or your meter is on the fritz.

Battery voltage that stays over 14.5 for long is actually dangerous, I would strongly suggest getting it fixed ASAP! The water that disappears is actually converted to an explosive mixture of oxygen and hydrogen, doesn't take much to set it off.  And a battery fire can make a real mess of things.

Somewhere around 10 volts (with a light load) is considered fully discharged. Nothing is going to work at .51 volts. It might run (poorly) at 5.1 volts, but even that is iffy. (And only with points.)

-- Randall
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/triumphs/attachments/20180521/3944d1b3/attachment.html>

More information about the Triumphs mailing list