[TR] TR2 carpet set suggestions

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:56:49 MST 2018

On 3/8/18 1:38 PM, Chris Simo wrote:

> I'm finally getting to my TR2 interior and am trying to go as original
> as practical.  I hope to be ready for TRA this June.
>
> Carpet selection has me confused.   We all know it will get wet and
> it will need to get removed to dry it out.   So for me Wool is not a
> good idea, has anyone had experience with the tufted synthetic carpet
> set from TRF?  Does it look totally different than Wilton wool?  Are
> there better "Wilton wool" substitutes out there?
I don't know about TR2 floor coverings, but TR3s came with rubber floor
mats and no carpet on the floors. Makes drying out a wet vehicle easy.
Personally, I think a concourse should deduct points for floor carpeting
on vehicle that did not have floor carpets from the factory. But as I
said I'm not a TR2 interior expert.

Just carpet on the kick panels and gearbox cover.

TeriAnn