[TR] TR2 carpet set suggestions

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 13:38:28 MST 2018

I'm finally getting to my TR2 interior and am trying to go as original as
practical.  I hope to be ready for TRA this June.

Carpet selection has me confused.   We all know it will get wet and it will
need to get removed to dry it out.   So for me Wool is not a good idea, has
anyone had experience with the tufted synthetic carpet set from TRF?  Does
it look totally different than Wilton wool?  Are there better "Wilton wool"
substitutes out there?

My car ice blue and the interior will be geranium color  as original  -
 Does anyone have a good reference for geranium color for vinyl and carpet?

The seat covers which I bought from TRF several years ago (kept in plastic
bag out of the sun)  are a rather bright shade of red....  I'm worried I've
got a bad color match here.

On the TRF site -- for carpet they offer  a bright red or a dark red --
which one?

As always,  Thanks!!!

54 TR2 - painted, engine out, transmission finished
63 TR4 - driver -- re-timing the BPNW cam that was installed incorrectly
73  TR6 - mechanical resto complete - waiting for bodywork
69 TR6 -  No floors but body metal looks reasonable.