[TR] Brake problem

Bob Leaver boleaver at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:36:14 MDT 2018

I have a 1965 Triumph TR4A. I had a leaking rear brake cylinder so I
decided to replace the master cylinder, both rear wheel cylinders,
front calipers, and a couple of lines that broke trying to remove
them. I bled the system twice because of a spongy pedal. The pedal
goes close to the floor before engaging. I checked to see if it had a
restrictor valve and it doesn't. There are no fluid leaks. I changed
to synthetic before flushing and replacing everything. Does anyone
know of a way to adjust the pedal play? Is the problem with the master
cylinder not engaging soon enough and if so what do you do about it?
Help!
Thanks, Bob