[TR] OD Oil

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Jun 19 17:36:03 MDT 2018

As I understand it non-detergent is recommended because detergent oils suspend small impurities, dirt, ground metal etc. with the idea that the oil filter will screen them out.

In a gearbox, or really old car with no oil filter, you want the dirt and such to settle to the bottom rather than float around and cause trouble.

I think the multi viscosity additives promote the foaming.  But I am not chemist or engineer, have just spent too much time reading about this stuff.

Greg Lemon
TR250