[TR] valve clearance with unknown 270 cam

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Jun 11 19:28:45 MDT 2018

Thanks Randall and all for the information.  My rudimentary understanding of valve clearance was that you wanted enough insurance that if things got hot and expanded the valves would close fully so you wouldn't burn your valves.  I always wondered why you would put a hotter can in, then sacrifice some of the greater lift (miniscule I know) to the greater valve clearance usually species for hotter cams.  I don't know that I completely understand all the physics involved but I feel a bit more enlightened now.

Greg Lemon
TR250 (that will get a valve adjustment soon)