[TR] Tr-General Question

jpaynepbr at cox.net jpaynepbr at cox.net
Wed Jul 11 13:22:46 MDT 2018

Lawrence,

When you get an "agreed value" policy, be aware that most states consider
the car to be a "total write off" at about 80% of its value.

If your car sustains damage that exceeds 80% of it's agreed value, the
insurance company takes the title and the car and pays the agreed value and
you have the $ but no car.

You can negotiate with them to buy the car back if you want to repair or
part out the car, but it will then be a "salvage" title.

If it isn't a Ferrari or Aston Martin type of blue chip vehicle, and it is a
restored car, you should value the car at the value of a solid replacement +
restoration costs + 20%.

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting Services, LLC
702.882.6711