[TR] tr3 dizzy pic

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 05:32:57 MDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 1:18 AM, David Templeton <davidt at opentext.com> wrote:

> Okay, Randall has been giving me a hand to try and trace an ignition problem
> in the ‘3 before starting.  The voltage at the low tensions side of the
> coil, the black/white wire from the dizzy is 12v whether the points are open
> or closed.  He mentioned some kind of wiring in the diz itself.

Back when I was a professional schmieraffe, we used to get Bosh points
with a thin coating of oil on them.  The coil would never fire because
the points never "closed".  We got in the habit of cleaning every new
set of points on the button flap of our uniform shirt.

Like Paul says, get in there with your ohm meter and check things out.
Let us know your results, and we can go from there.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.