[TR] H6 vs HS6

THOMAS Fansher tfansher at comcast.net
Mon Jan 29 10:00:31 MST 2018

Bill, the H6 carbs on a stock intake manifold have the same length as the HS6 carbs on the longer TR4 intake manifold. I wish I had known this before I converted my TR3A to the longer intake and HS6's The thought at the time was that using the longer intake allows more mixing of the air/gas and then more even burning so more power. I have measured both set ups and they are the same. You don't have enough room in the inner fender to mount the longer H6 carbs to the TR4 intake. I think that the shorter carbs on the shorter manifold would give less power for the above stated reason. But how you spirited you drive might make a difference, too. You do have to rework the choke, which is a pain. I'd go with the original set up ( and did on the latest acquisition).
Tom Fansher who needs to sell the 1960 TR3A white with black interior