[TR] TR3 Turn Signal woes

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jan 9 18:40:05 MST 2018

So somehow, power is sneaking into the GR wire when it shouldn't, but only
showing up at the rear.

Did you happen to look at the LF lamp when you had the LR disconnected and
the right turns signals running?

Also, does disconnecting the unused section of GR at the horn make any
difference?

I think my way forward would be to temporarily jumper the flasher module, so
the voltage doesn't jump around, and then check the voltage on the GR wire
both at the union near the horn and near the rear lamp.  Then disconnect the
union and check again at each of the four GR wires.

I'm thinking maybe the rear lamp has a lower voltage threshold than the
front, and the voltage is rising only to where the rear lamp starts to
conduct.  That seems like a stretch, but I'm not seeing any other way the
rear lamp can be on without the front lamp.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild