[TR] TR6 OD dash Indicator light idea

Patrick Huckels bespokeroadsters at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 25 08:52:08 MST 2018

Hello everyone. I am seriously thinking of installing a dash lamp indicating that my OD is active. I know that the 3rd/4th gear lockout/in switch on the transmission top is supposed to not allow the OD to be engaged in 1st, 2nd and reverse but have found that these simple switches do fail/stick. I've rebuilt a couple of the original switches rather than buying new ones. My idea is to place an LED lamp in series with the power supply to the solenoid. This way the lamp would glow when the solenoid is powered. I got the idea after seeing an OD lamp on a Volvo P1800ES's dash. Have any of you installed such a lamp or have any suggestions before I start? Cheers,Patrick