[TR] Jute from the Roadster factory for the TR4

Keith Stewart keithstewart at bell.net
Fri Feb 16 14:15:50 MST 2018

Jute under seats - no need to glue, the seat rails (and seat belts) will
hold it in place. Jute under floor carpet in front of the seats - no need to
glue it snaps into place on the floor under four snap fasteners each side
and two very strong clips high on the firewall each side. Jute under the
drive shaft tunnel - no need to glue as it snaps in place. Jute under
transmission cover carpet - no need to glue as the dash support and shift
boot hold it in place. No jute under the bulkhead pieces as these are glued
to fibreboard that is then screwed into place. No jute under rocker pieces -
these are glued in place. No jute under the firewall piece - this is glued
in place. I think that covers all the pieces.

BTW, in case they are missing, there are also spacers (holes cut in jute and
carpet) that hold the seat rails off the carpet. I have attached three
photos of these. The photos are from my TR3 installation (where I used six
for each seat whereas the TR4 only needs four for each seat) although I
cannot find any references showing they were used on TR3s but they were
definitely used on the TR4/4A/250/5/6. First picture shows a spacer beside
the hole I cut with an X-acto knife. The second picture shows the TR3 rails
and the spacers in place in each of the holes. The third picture is of one
of the spacers.

Keith Stewart

keithstewart at bell.net <mailto:keithstewart at bell.net>